Tuesday, October 27, 2015

ERROR: sounds_list CENTRAL SOUND CONTROL IS NOT ACTIVE:

I'm setting up an inbound campaign and I wanted to use a recording we made for our voice mail. When selecting the audio-chooser, I encountered this message when I was selecting an audio-prompt for when there's nobody available to answer.
"ERROR: sounds_list CENTRAL SOUND CONTROL IS NOT ACTIVE:"

Steps to Fix:
  1. Go to Admin >> System Settings
  2. Change the following items:
    - "Central Sounds Control Active" and select "1" instead of "0".
    - "Allow Voicemail Greeting Chooser" and set to "1"
    - "Sounds Web Server" to whatever IP address you are currently using. Make sure it's not the default "127.0.0.1".
  3. Click on the Audio Store in the Admin System Settings in the left menu. The most striking message there should be "We STRONGLY recommend uploading only 16bit Mono 8k PCM WAV audio files(.wav) "
  4. Upload the audio file for the recording.
  5. Go to the voice mail entry and there will be an option for "Voicemail Greeting" with "audio chooser" at the right side. Click on "audio chooser" and select the .wav file you just uploaded.


Source:



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. vici dial

    ReplyDelete