Sunday, February 14, 2016

Using a Back-up Vicidial Server

As part of risk management of operations, there may be times when your main Vicidial Server conks out. Because I want to be proactive and not get caught with my pants down, I got a second Vicidial Server.

I want to share with you what I do.

First, I do a MySQL dump of the primary server then upload the MySQL back-up to the secondary server. For me, it's not mission-critical to have an exact duplicate, so I just do this weekly. For some, they may prefer to do this hourly or daily. 

Second, since my primary and secondary server do not have the same IP address, I do the IP-address-update command ("/usr/share/astguiclient/ADMIN_update_server_ip.pl") in Linux SSH. The mysql-migration will copy the primary server's IP address in the mysql database to the secondary server, so it's important to adjust it back to the correct IP address.

These 2 steps can be created as batch-jobs so you don't have to manually do this if you prefer.

There you have it! Hope this was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment